To accept the nomination I need to:
- Link back to the blogs that nominated
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
- Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
- Share 11 random facts about me
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Contact my nominees and let them know of their nomination
1. What is the biggest difference between your teaching your first year and currently?
Oh my word, what isn't the difference. Let's see I'm not pregnant and completely lost. Ok, just kidding about being lost, I wasn't completely lost. I am told that I was full of zest and had marvelous ideas to add to the table. This past year, I finally felt like I was back into the groove of things and had the good ideas flowing again!
2. Are you more addicted to blogging, pinterest or Facebook?
To be honest, blogging, however you wouldn't know it by how much I've neglected it lately! I LOVE reading other posts when I'm lacking time to write myself though!
3. What is your favorite children's book?
Hand me a Piggie and Elephant book by Mo Willems and I am happy!
4. Why did you become a teacher?
I have always had a passion to work with kids. I started out thinking I would be a pediatric nurse, but after some soul searching my 2nd year in college, I realized I need to fulfill my childhood dream of being a teacher and haven't looked back once! :)
5. What do you want your students to remember about you?
I want them to remember that I cared about them and loved them, because sadly for some of our kids, we are that only person for them!
6. What is your favorite sport?
To play: Basketball To watch: Baseball
7. What is your favorite holiday?
Fourth of July
8. What is your dream vacation?
9. If you could have a celebrity visit your classroom, who would it be?
Oh lord, real tabloid magazine celebrity... I don't have a clue... but in the blogging world I would say Amy Lemons. I love that lady! I even had a creeperish dream once that we met and hung out for the day. I woke up and realized it was all a dream. I have to admit I was slightly disappointed! haha
10. Who inspires you?
My mother & my daughter have inspired me more than anyone will ever know!
11. Sweet or salty?
Mixed! I love sweet and salty trail mixes!! YUMMM!!
Questions from THE Frizz
1. What is your blogging goal?
Really, my goal is to inspire others and help teachers along the way! I love how the blogging world has made it possible for teachers to network with teachers across the nation and to share fabulous idea after idea with one another.
2. What is the silliest thing you have done while teaching?
Oh lord, this is an everyday occurrence in my classroom. I would have to say silliest would be when I have reenacted how my kids have acted in line while in the hallway. If only you could of seen their faces!
3. Are you a bring your lunchbox teacher or eat a school lunch gal?
Definitely a lunchbox teacher!
4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
My fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Curtis. She was there as I went through many ups and downs as my parents divorced. I have actually run into her here and there over the past couple of years, it was definitely special.
5. What is your favorite book?
Walk Two Moons. This was actually a book that Mrs. Curtis read to us in 4th grade, but I love it even as an adult!
6. What is the most influential professional development book you've read?
The Daily 5 book... While I don't use all of the elements of Daily 5, ALL the time in my classroom, I do use all parts of it. I don't feel as though I am doing my kids enough justice during "center" time when they are just doing daily 5 so I mix it up with a few other things!
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Quilt. I would LOVE to learn how to quilt!
8. You have ten minutes to kill, what will you do?
Depends on the day and the time. Probably bust out the computer and do a little surfing on the web.
9. What is one word of advice for a first year teacher?
Only one word....Breathe
10. Is there any grade you would not teach? Why?
Anything over 4th... maybe over 3rd... Those kids and their attitudes... I don't know that we would mesh like I do with my little people!
11. Who is your hero? Why?My mom, my mom is definitely my hero. She has been my biggest supporter, biggest critic, and best friend forever. She does everything she can for me, my siblings, my baby, and anyone else in need. She is a strong and determined woman, I want to be like her when I grow up!
11 Random Facts:
1. I love washing laundry, but I loathe folding and putting it away.
2. Target is one of my biggest weaknesses, even more so since I despise Wal-Mart.
3. I am an Apple snob.
4. I am obsessed with all things chevron. ALL THINGS.
5. My favorite colors are purple and green. As much as I've tried to rub that off on my child, I think pink is her favorite.
6. Cinderella is my favorite Disney movie.
7. When my throat is itchy, due to allergies, I make this weird noise that creeps some people out. However, it is relieving for me!
8. My phone is on silent more often than when the ringer is on.
9. I have known my best friend, Lindsey, for 14+ years and today is her BIRTHDAY!
10. Some of my best friends I have made in life so far are ones that I work with!
11. I am a very optimistic person, fly by the seat of my pants, LOVE to take chances kind of person. So pessimistic pammys and I don't usually get along the greatest!
1. Who is your favorite children's author?
2. What is your number one, must read back to school book?
3. Do you prefer sunny days or rainy days? Why?
4. What is your favorite place to shop for teacher apparel?
5. Do you prefer mac or pc? Have you tried the opposite?
6. What is your blogging goal?
7. If you could pick one veteran blogger to visit your class and have lunch with, who would you choose?
8. Do you prefer name brands or do generics work just as well for you?
9. What is your dream grade to teach? Why?
10. Would you rather be without your phone for a week or your computer for a week? Why?
11. What made you decide to become a blogger?
Before I go, I would like to ask for prayers for a beloved co-worker and friend. Her husband was killed while in the line of duty last night. He was a part of the swat team and was shot. He has left behind a beautiful wife, sweet little girl, and precious baby boy. It will be a long road ahead and they need all of the support they can get. All prayers are greatly appreciated.