Ok...Here is goes! ;) Blog Hoppin' Teacher's Week 2013 is underway!! :)
1. My name is Kelli & I am the mother to a precious little fire cracker, Berklee!! She is by far the best thing that the great Lord above has blessed me with!! She is my world! My family is my life, I would truly be lost without them. I am the oldest of 8 kids... Yes, 8. However it is a blended family!
2. I am entering my fourth year of teaching. I still am having a hard time swallowing that I've already been at this for 3 years, because it sure doesn't feel like it! The last three years have FLOWN by! I have spent all 3 years at the same school & in 2nd, I'm blessed y'all!!
3. I am a reality TV junkie!! It's pretty ridiculous how involved I get into what my mom would call "trash tv!" At least I'm not in denial though! :)
4. I didn't start out going to college planning to be a teacher, even though it was my childhood dream! I began going to school to be a pediatric nurse. It wasn't until I made it through 3 semesters of pre-reqs, made it through (&loved) a&p, & was sitting in micro-biology class that I realized.... eh this isn't for me!! I began to realize that teaching littles was really where my heart was!! I jumped right into my edu classes & never looked back! :)
5. I am about the furthest thing from a morning person that there can be! Seriously y'all ... It takes me a good bit to get going in the morning & on those early ones... coffee is non-negotiable!! I love taking naps & staying up late is what I'm good at!! In college, my friends always knew when they couldn't get a hold of me, & I wasn't in class or working, that most likely I was napping!
6. Mexican food, pasta, cookies & brownies are among some of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to food. Thankfully I've learned to eat in moderation through the years!! Otherwise, I would no doubt be in trouble!
7. Blogging & creating are a release for me... especially on stressful days. It is my own little escape from the world. It's almost scary how easily I tune everything else out! I am blessed to have become part of such a great little-big community!! I especially can't wait to meet some of my fellow TX bloggers next weekend!! :)
8. I usually work best & am most productive when I feel as though I am in a time crunch. This is me basically admitting that I am a procrastinator. I'm fully aware, always have been, unfortunately probably always will be!
9. When I like something... it can become an obsession almost... for example... in college I was completely obsessed with the fleur de lis.
|I have something almost identical to this hanging on my wall now. I was just too lazy to take a picture myself, thank you google!|
10. I am an apple snob. After getting my first mac in college (5-6 years ago) I now love EVERYTHING Apple. Shortly after getting my mac, I got an iphone. I'm spoiled rotten & am in a district that is all Apple, too! So basically I have become completely illiterate when it comes time to do anything on a PC. I bought a new MacBook in the spring & it made me fall in love all over again with Apple!
I hope you learned a few new things about me!