Sunday, August 11, 2013

Let's Talk About ME!

So I have to be honest.... when thinking about what today's teacher week post is called.... All I can think about is Toby Keith's I Wanna Talk About Me song!  Needless to say, it is now STUCK in my head!

Ok...Here is goes! ;) Blog Hoppin' Teacher's Week 2013 is underway!! :)

1. My name is Kelli & I am the mother to a precious little fire cracker, Berklee!!  She is by far the best thing that the great Lord above has blessed me with!! She is my world!  My family is my life, I would truly be lost without them.  I am the oldest of 8 kids... Yes, 8.  However it is a blended family! 
I had to share this picture, it perfectly captures both the personalities & relationship between my daughter & I.  This a photo collage I made from my birthday, this past Friday!  It was a wonderful day & the surprise of my flower bed being finished by my siblings & being the WINNER of an Erin Condren giveaway, was just icing on the cake!!! :) 

 2.  I am entering my fourth year of teaching.  I still am having a hard time swallowing that I've already been at this for 3 years, because it sure doesn't feel like it!  The last three years have FLOWN by!  I have spent all 3 years at the same school & in 2nd, I'm blessed y'all!!

3. I am a reality TV junkie!!  It's pretty ridiculous how involved I get into what my mom would call "trash tv!"  At least I'm not in denial though! :)

4.  I didn't start out going to college planning to be a teacher, even though it was my childhood dream!  I began going to school to be a pediatric nurse.  It wasn't until I made it through 3 semesters of pre-reqs, made it through (&loved) a&p, & was sitting in micro-biology class that I realized.... eh this isn't for me!!   I began to realize that teaching littles was really where my heart was!! I jumped right into my edu classes & never looked back!  :)

5. I am about the furthest thing from a morning person that there can be!  Seriously y'all ... It takes me a good bit to get going in the morning & on those early ones... coffee is non-negotiable!!  I love taking naps & staying up late is what I'm good at!! In college, my friends always knew when they couldn't get a hold of me, & I wasn't in class or working, that most likely I was napping!

6.  Mexican food, pasta, cookies & brownies are among some of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to food.  Thankfully I've learned to eat in moderation through the years!!  Otherwise, I would no doubt be in trouble!

7.  Blogging & creating are a release for me... especially on stressful days.  It is my own little escape from the world.  It's almost scary how easily I tune everything else out!  I am blessed to have become part of such a great little-big community!! I especially can't wait to meet some of my fellow TX bloggers next weekend!! :)

8.  I usually work best & am most productive when I feel as though I am in a time crunch.  This is me basically admitting that I am a procrastinator.  I'm fully aware, always have been, unfortunately probably always will be!

9.  When I like something... it can become an obsession almost... for example... in college I was completely obsessed with the fleur de lis.

I have something almost identical to this hanging on my wall now.  I was just too lazy to take a picture myself, thank you google!
I mean any & everything with a fleur de lis on it I loved... I had jeans, shirts, sweaters, decor, sink drainer, picture frames, covers, and eh even more with this fleur de lis on it!!  This obsession lived in my life for about 5 good years until B was born.  Now my obsession is anything chevron, morrocian, or aztec printed!  L.O.V.E. 

10.  I am an apple snob.  After getting my first mac in college (5-6 years ago) I now love EVERYTHING Apple.  Shortly after getting my mac, I got an iphone.  I'm spoiled rotten & am in a district that is all Apple, too!  So basically I have become completely illiterate when it comes time to do anything on a PC.  I bought a new MacBook in the spring & it made me fall in love all over again with Apple!

I hope you learned a few new things about me!
See you back tomorrow for Classroom Digs!


6 comments:

  1. Hey Kelli! We have a lot in common! This is my fourth year of teaching, too! I've been in first grade all 4 years and I think that's where my heart is!

    I love getting up early...I think that it justifies the 3:00 nap I'm going to want to take later! Naps are the BEST!

    I won an Erin Condren Instagram contest last week! $100! I couldn't believe it! I bought a deluxe lunchbox set (in mad MOROCCAN theme) and a new Life Planner. Check out my 10 things post, I love the design I chose! What did you buy?

    I could be the President of Procrastination Nation! Ha! Seriously, I've just always been like that! In college I was up writing papers until 2 a.m., but it always worked out! I like the pressure of a deadline sometimes!

    I'm a little chevron-crazy right now. Most of my B2S purchases have been chevron-themed. I'm going in to school this morning to tie up loose ends & finish up! Yippee!

    I'm so glad I found your post! Your baby girl is so sweet! Can't wait until I'm a Mama!

    Have a great day!
    Alisha
    First Grade Follies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alisha!
      How exciting that you won, too!! I was beyond shocked & ecstatic about winning!! Especially since I have been riding the fence about spending that much on a planner!! I only ended up ordering the planner, but with all the bells & whistles...plus getting it done priority!! I really wanted it here prior to school starting rather than after...otherwise I would get started not using it & not utilize it as much as I should!! ;) I'm super excited about it though!!! Congratulations & I'm so glad to have found another blogger gal with so much in common!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelli,

    I love the name of your blog. It sums up my day ;)

    Nothing wrong with procrastination. For instance, the two huge boxes of school materials I brought home to scan (going digital) will absolutely get started in this last week of vacation.

    Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.

    Charlotte

    Making Each Day Count

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, Charlotte! You're right it totally sums up the average day!! I agree, being the procrastinator I am, I swear it is those times that I do some of my BEST work!! Haha :)

      Delete
  3. Funny story about her name... When I was pregnant, I was 100% settled on the name Lydia! I was looking for boy names & came across Berkeley. I immediately fell in love with the name, but for a girl, not boy!!! I decided to change the ending to lee to make it a tad bit more feminine!!! :)

    ReplyDelete