Monday, September 16, 2013

Hoppity-Hop

After reading Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop about 28 times tonight with my toddler before bed (our all time favorite bedtime story... I could seriously recite it for you now)......
I realized I feel a lot like the title.  I feel as though all I have been doing lately is a bunch of Hoppity-Hops! However, after a talk with my beloved co-worker and friend, Sam, tonight I am feeling much more hopeful about this school year.  I feel as though our days are so rush, rush, rush that the sense of community and family that I have usually completely established by now, is not there..... and if I am being completely honest, that is NOT ok with me!

That was not the point of tonight's post though.  Enough with my whiny posts here lately!  I shared briefly in a post after school started about "new student" bags.  I didn't snag any pictures, but I have since managed to successful put them together and even remembered to snap a few shots!
I have everything I need to get through the day when a new student arrives so I will not be scrambling and scrounging to find everything.  Plus, I won't have to worry about stopping everything as I am scrambling and scrounging either!   
What's in the bag?
Take Home Folder (already labeled)
Writer's Notebook (complete with materials to get it started quickly)
Labels for folders and journals
Welcome Letter
Clip Chart Letter
Student Info Form
Transportation Form




It didn't take long to get these babies together and let me tell you, they save my life when that new baby comes to the door!  Not to mention it makes it look like I've got my stuff together, too! :)

I hope your week is off to a good start, I will leave you with this:
Katie King from Queen of the First Grade Jungle posted this quote on her Instagram tonight.  It really resonated with me, especially since it was a tough Monday.  Hope it inspires you! :)




3 comments:

  1. I love the new student packs. It's definitely on my to do list for next year!! (as we are nearly done with this year it's a little bit pointless).
    Oh and that quote - Amazing!! I'm going to print it out and put it everywhere. Such a great reminder of life!!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoppity hopping with you! I need to take a breather and just calm down. Amazing what the beginning of the year can do to ya! :)

    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelli! I am your newest follower of your blog and facebook page. What a cute blog you have! I appreciate your honesty in your post about your classroom because let's face it, everything isn't always perfect! I look forward to getting to know more about you and your teaching through your posts!!!

    http://luckylittlelearners.blogspot.com If you have time, check out my blog! It's still a work in progress but it's getting closer to how I like it!

    ReplyDelete