Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Where, oh where...

Hmm... I don't even know where to begin.

Why am I doing this?  
It was suggested by one of my wonderful coworkers that I blog this journey that I have embarked upon.  I have debated about it for a while and here I am.  I'm not beginning this to gain a sympathy vote or to have a place to do my whining, rather I am going to use this as a place to document what goes on in the life of a teacher, who happens to be a single mom, too.  Some days it may be a rant, others it will be gloating about my baby, my family, my kiddos in the classroom, my coworkers, the yummy dinner that I made off of pinterest, or my latest tech savvy moment.  Heck, some days it might be a combination of all of the above.

 I guess I should introduce myself for those who don't know me or don't know much about me...


First and foremost, I am a mother to a stunningly beautiful little girl.  A little girl that is into everything as she is currently learning to walk.  She most definitely has a voice of her own and quite the personality.  It is funny how much of myself that I see in her already at only 10 months old.

I am also a second grade teacher.  I work with the most amazing team, I think I would have been completely lost without them as I ventured into my first few years of teaching.  Lucky me, I have a great set of students, too... well most days they are great.

My parents divorced when I myself was in second grade, I remember being horrified that my worst nightmare had come true.  I had a very hard time coping with it, at times I think I still struggle with it.  Lucky for me though, my parents divorce resulted in the gain of a wonderful stepfather, a stepfather that has been more of a dad than I could have ever imagined.  With the divorce came an additional 6 siblings, making me the oldest of 8 kids total!  Whew!  I wouldn't trade it for the world and can't imagine having a small family myself.

I have some of the most wonderful and understanding friends in the world.  While I haven't made enough time, especially here lately, to keep in good contact with them, the majority of them of very understanding.


The life of a single working mom, it isn't the easiest job in the world, but I wouldn't change a second of it.

Kelli Ann

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I am so proud of you! Great job on your first post.

    ReplyDelete