Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Making Clip Art?!?!?!

I am soooo excited that I FINALLY figured out took the time to learn how to make my own clip art.  Now it's nothing too spectacular... especially considering the fact that it's my first... however I'm my toughest critic and I'm pretty impressed.

On my team we are lucky enough not to have to plan out EVERY. SINGLE. LITTLE. DETAIL. of our plans ourselves.  We team plan, meaning that a few of us plan out each subject.  My first year I was in charge of math, with my awesome mentor, and now great friend Diana.  Over the years we have always struggled finding a way to teach temperature in a way that we felt completely addressed our "specificity." (If you have CScope you know EXACTLY what I'm referring to.)  We've looked for stamps, we've looked for clip art, we've looked for ready made stuff.  Nothing we could find worked or lived up to what we expected and needed.  So for some reason today I decided to take on the task of figuring it out.  We've already taught temperature, but we need to continue to spiral it, oh and it is about to be readdressed in science!  After about 15 good minutes I had a nice layout set up, I just had to adjust, rearrange, resize, tweak, etc, etc to get it to meet my expectations.  I had to make them in varying intervals and different starting numbers.  Needless to say, I was able to get it done AND figure out how to successfully save them as a good ole PNG file.  Yes, I could have saved them as JPEG's, too.... however it is a extremely RARE occasion that I ever use JPEG's in my files.  I love the PNG files because they take all of the excessive white space and make it transparent.


Ekkk... So here it is... I'm a little excited... making me that much more of a teacher nerd I'm sure!  I can't wait to put these into my newest set of centers!   


No comments:

Post a Comment