Monday, April 22, 2013

Roller Coaster Ride Monday

Today was a Monday in rare form, and when I say in rare form, I don't mean that in a good way.  I have 6 alarms set every morning, yes SIX!  The first four are my WAKE-UP, SERIOUSLY TIME TO GET MOVING, ROLL OUT OF BED, YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK A HOT MESS alarms!  The last two are my "HEY YOU, HEAD FOR THE DOOR OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE" alarms!  Apparently this morning when the first four went off, I ignored them.  Yep, I didn't actually wake up enough until the 5th alarm.  Once I realized what time it was, I woke up in a PANIC!! I had about an hour and ten minutes until I had to be at school!  Since I live about 30 minutes away from my school and STILL had to drop off B, I'm sure you can understand the panic!  On mornings like this (which really has been rare this year), it seems to set the mood for the day unfortunately.

My morning, even beyond waking up LATE though, was rough. My kids were OFF the chain.  Goofing off and not paying attention was their TOP priority today.  I was convinced it was just going to be one of those days.

Then, at lunch as I was waiting in line at Subway (since I obviously didn't have time to pack my lunch today) and I was checking my email.   No sooner than my phone updated the emails did I see an email from Tracy Teagler!  Yep, yesterday she posted a giveaway for her new Troll themed reading strategies and skills unit! Aren't the Trolls cute, I swear Melonheadz never disappoints when it comes to her clip art! :)

I always enter to win these fun things, but to be honest, I NEVER seem to win!  However, the subject line was WINNER, WINNER!  Let me tell you, this was the HIGH of the day!! ****INSERT INSTANT CHEESY GRIN!****I was on cloud nine! This unit was already something I planned to add to my "wishlist" for next year! Once I made it home and downloaded the unit and was able to really check it out, I have to say it's probably one of my favorite units of hers yet!!

Onto, other exciting news......I managed to get one of the three units I was working on DONE yesterday, HOORAY!!   I will have it on sale in my store until Sunday! :)
There are a total of 10 centers, plus a fun probability extension!  These centers will last my kids until the end of the year once I add a few others that I have from prior years and units!  When I began planning this unit knowing it would be my last set of math centers before summer I knew incorporating baseball and the beach into this unit was a MUST!  Then I saw Krista Wallden's bubblegum clip art and couldn't resist!  Plus when I think baseball I think sunflower seeds, peanuts, and BIG LEAGUE CHEW!








Centers included in this unit cover:
  • Addition with regrouping (to 99)
  • Subtraction with regrouping (to 99)
  • Place Value (to 999)
  • Coin Collections (These actually go up to $1.25 and offer a differentiated option for your kiddos who are ready for more of a challenge!)
  • Patterns (Finding the pattern within a sequence of numbers and identifying the missing number)
  • Comparing Numbers (Comparing numbers and number sentences)
  • Fractions (2 DIFFERENT CENTERS, 1 with multiple options)
  • Time (in 5 minute increments)
  • Probability 
  • Probability Extension Mini-Book
Tomorrow I get the dreadful miserable  joyful opportunity of administering the STAAR test to a small group of 4th graders.  Can't wait.  I'm sure you can sense my excitement.  Maybe my kids will appreciate me more this week after I'm gone for 2 mornings! Hah :)

I plan WILL have my Mother's Day Book finished this week and can't wait for my kids to get started on the revamped version of the book!  It is amazing how much I have learned in the last year and how far I come in this blogging and TPT world!

I wish you all a WONDERFUL week! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment