Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Teachers taking care of Teachers!

This will be short and sweet.  Mostly because I'm exhausted from administering the STAAR test.  You wouldn't think walking in circles around tables for 4 hours actively monitoring students would be so exhausting, but let me tell you, it is.  I can whole heartedly (that is a word right?!) tell you that if I never had to administer the test ever again, I would not be the least bit sorry.  However, there is tomorrow .... and I get my fourth serving of this darn test!  Oh the things we sacrifice for our team and our students! :)

Ok... So onto the reason for this post!  A fellow blogger, Texan, and Cen-Tex Teacher, Crystal from Kreative in Kinder, has organized an amazing fundraiser for the teachers of West!  These teachers have lost basically everything due to the extensive damage to the schools of West after the fertilizer plant explosion last week.  (If you're unfamiliar with the details, check out her blog for the details and pictures) She opened up this fundraiser for 24 hours on Sunday.  If you donated $25 you would receive $150 worth of TPT products!  ... In the 24 hours she had this opened, $10,000 was raised!   WOW!  Due to the overwhelming response not only of donations, but people asking for her to extend the fundraiser, she was able to partner with someone and open it back up until THURSDAY at 8 a.m!  Needless to say, as soon as I saw it was back open, because sadly I missed it on Sunday, I donated! :)


I could not imagine being in the place of these teachers or students.  Every little bit helps and when everyone gives a little, it turns into a lot!!

Praise the Lord, tomorrow is Wednesday! 





No comments:

Post a Comment