Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It

Today, I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics!  I always read others.... but this week I thought I would participate!! :)
While at Hobby Lobby a couple months ago I stumbled upon this FABULOUS burlap ribbon...

I didn't know how I was going to use it.....But...of course I had no choice, but to buy it! 


I then stumbled across a super cute wreath on pinterest.... Of. Freaking. Course.  it was the ONE time I didn't pin it.  I have SEARCHED and SEARCHED and SEARCHED for it with no luck.  Basically it was a wreath with a chevron bow in the center and then greenery on each side.  I thought it wold be cute to do the same thing, but with sunflowers, so off to Michaels I went!  Here is what I used....

Twig like wreath, sunflowers (I had 4, but one disappeared......I have a lingering suspicion that my toddler has hidden it...), glue gun, and THE burlap ribbon!  .......OH & a twisty tie that is not pictured!

I started with the bow....
I cut a piece of burlap about 2 feet long and made two loops.  The ends slightly overlapping!
Next, I cut another piece of burlap, but this one was about 3 feet long.  This picture shows it folded over, that helped me find my center for the next step!
I just made my loops and placed the ends how I wanted them to hang.
Then I was ready to tie it together ***I used a twisty tie that you get from bread.... but you can use floral wire ...
Lastly I cut about a 6 inch piece of ribbon and hot glued it on.  I started with one end in the back, glued a little in the front, and the last edge on the back.  I did have a little bit of leftover ribbon from the center piece that I cut off.  I used a chip clip from my refrigerator to hold it all until it was fully dried!

While the bow dried, I got started on the flowers!

I pulled all of the flowers off the stem and just hot glued them on.  Super easy!  My original idea was to put two flowers on one side of the bow and two on the other.  Well....then the fourth flower went missing and this is what I've got!
My last step was to glue on the bow!  I initially glued the center, but to made it a little more secure, I glued some parts of the back layer to the wreath!
As my toddler would say.... Ta-Da!  This took me seriously no more than 20 minutes to do, the bow being the most time consuming!

Also, if you didn't catch my post yesterday, I FINISHED my back to school math centers!
They are on sale until Tuesday at midnight for $4.00!!






3 comments:

  1. That is too cute! I love the bow tutorial!

    Head on over to my blog, I just nominated you for the liebster award :)

    The Frizz

    The Frizz in First Grade

    ReplyDelete